Sunday 10 April 2011

Now that we have finalised our design I am going to be designing and painting the walls for the rooms. I want to create an obvious difference between the two rooms. The living room I want to have a faded wallpapers. This is to show their wealth, having pastel colours which have faded show that they have had money once but now is starting to struggle. This will also show the time period of war which the piece is set in. The bedroom I am thinking of creating three layers. Firsly a dark, greasy/slime effect. Dark browns and greens which set at the very base of the walls. On that I want to stick roots ontop to give the idea that the room it self is becoming ifected at the same time as him and also becoming part of him. Then wallpaper sililar to the paper in the living room. In the bedroom the paper will look much grubbier and torn. I want to create the idea of Gregor has been climbing and skratching at the walls. i think this will reflect the story and the character.

No comments:

Post a Comment