Wednesday 6 April 2011

I have recently been looking more into the work of Carol Spier, I have always been a fan of her work and thought I might find some tips from her.
Carol Spier is one of the most famous Art/Production designers in the world and has work with some of the biggest directors.
I have mainly been looking at her mid 90's work, films such as 'The Naked Lunch'. This film, in my oppinion, is one of the best book to film interpretation there is, and this is mainly done through Carol Spiers excellent direction. She creates the atmosphere perfectly, the constantly eerie but nothing wrong. Also because the film is suttle you never realise quite how 'in your face' it really is. The contant use of green washes and slightly distressed areas within sets create the constatn unknown.

No comments:

Post a Comment