Wednesday 25 May 2011

LIVING ROOM:

My first task was to decorate the living room. This room I have designed so that it is much more subtle and real rather than like the in your face bedroom. I had three main tasks for the living room, firstly to wallpaper the room then to paint the damp effect onto them and finally to create the 'infection' around the double doors.

To put of the wallpaper I had the put a layer of paste on all of the flats to create a base layer. Otherwise the wallpaper would fall down because the MDF would absorb it. During the first layer dried we cut out the wallpaper down to the sizes which I needed. With the wallpaper I bought I only needed to put on another layer straight onto the wall and put the paper straight on. By pushing down and outwards it laid the paper flat down onto the wallpaper. It seemed like a fairly long winded process, but was done pretty fast

No comments:

Post a Comment